Monday, September 11, 2017

ND for BSP

I'll get into more detail soon, but wanted to get this information out there.

For those unaware, I've been working with Mazda Motorsports for the past two years on developing parts for the ND Miata (2016+ Mazda MX-5.)  The development started with parts for CS and then quickly moved to parts for STR.  The past two seasons have been spent developing the STR car, and our results have been quite good, with a 4th place and 5th place at the National Championships.  While I would love to keep running in STR and going for the Championship, the plan from the start was to move from STR to BSP and then DP.  So, after competing at the National Championships this past week with my STR ND and finishing in 5th place out of 77, it's now time to move on to building the BSP car.

Because of my work with Mazda Motorsports, a good portion of the STR build was documented in articles on their website.  Here is a link to those articles:  https://www.mazdamotorsports.com/?s=ron+bauer .

At the National Championships, I spoke with a number of people that expressed that they had been watching the start of my BSP build through Facebook.  I even talked to a few people that weren't in Miatas that told me they had enjoyed my previous build information on the Jalapeno (my 2011 Mazda MX-5 for DP,) on this site.  This was humbling and cool at the same point.

So, I've decided to document the BSP and DP builds of the ND on here as well.  I'll still continue to write articles for Mazda Motorsports, but the nuts and bolts of the build will be further in depth here.  Please feel free to contact me with any questions, either through here, or through Facebook on either my personal page or my Bauerspeed Racing page.  I also am on Twitter at @Bauerspeed.

More to come.  First up, documenting what can be easily done under the Street Prepared ruleset.

No comments:

Post a Comment